What is licensed software?
Licensed software are software which, once purchased, entitle you to use a particular software for a definite or indefinite period, which usage is typically subject to certain conditions. Unfortunately, pirated software use is high in our country and around the world. Use of unlicensed software is punishable with serious penalties, which sanctions continue to increase every day.
What are the advantages of using licensed software?
- Forget about legal problems and sanctions.
- Enjoy technical support guarantee.
- Be immune from problems like viruses, corrupted disks and faulty software, which are likely to be caused by pirated software.
- Access correct and complete documentation guidance.
- Get more efficiency out of your software.
- Update your software at lower costs.
- Stay up-to-date about new products.
What are the potential consequences of not using licensed software?
Legal sanctions against unlicensed software use are rather severe, which could be listed as follows:
- 2 to 6 years of imprisonment “without conversion to fines,”
- 10 to 150 thousand TL of fines per each unlicensed software,
- Up to 3 years of ostracizing from profession, and confiscation of systems running pirated software.