PostgreSQL Database Migration Services
What is PostgreSQL?
PostgreSQL is a database management system that uses the relational database model and supports the SQL standard query language. PostgreSQL gives high performance, security and extensive features all-in-one. Supporting advanced data types and advanced performance optimization, PostgreSQL can run on almost all UNIX and UNIX derived operating systems and also on NT core Windows systems. Powerful, affordable and easy to use, PostgreSQL has many advantages and puts onto its performance with every version.
You can rely on Medyasoft’s expertise for the setup, configuration, optimization, and maintenance of the PostgreSQL database system, which has proven its success. We also provide training about PostgreSQL.
We can see that there is a shift towards open source databases based on the advantages they represent. Since one of the disadvantages of commercial systems are their high cost, one of the greatest expectations of establishments is for the transfer to open source databases to be as affordable as possible.
Medyasoft realizes the transfer from commercial databases such as Oracle, MSSQL and Sybase to PostgreSQL with ease, safety and minimum interruption to the system. The Bigforce product developed by one of Medyasoft’s IT companies, Prodigy, provides an effective solution as a database migration tool. With this tool that makes it easier to transfer to PostgreSQL, it is possible to migrate databases with minimum interruption and effort. Also allowing simultaneous consolidation from several databases to a single database, Bigforce is one step ahead of its competition with its smart server structure. Through Bigforce, the aim is to reduce dependence on commercial databases and spread the use of PostgreSQL.
Within the scope of the PostgreSQL Database Migration Service;
- The structure and operation of existing applications and databases are reviewed.
- The changes that need to be made after migration to PostgreSQL are identified and shared with the developer.
- The data structures that need to be set up over PostgreSQL are identified and prepared.
- Structures such as Stored Procedure, Job, and ETL already present in the database in operation are reviewed and their PostgreSQL counterparts are developed.
- Test migration, functionality and performance tests are done.
- Error and performance corrections are made after the test migration.
- The actual migration is executed.
- The system is monitored and services are provided.